History of Greenlees Park Bowling Club

Greenlees Park Bowling Club History

Greenlees Park Men’s Bowling Club was founded in 1950 and the Women’s Bowling Club started in 1956.

In the 1970’s and 1980’s there were many interstate games played at the club with many of these being State Finals. Our Patron, Keith Free, marked one State Singles Final. The Right Hon William McMahon Fours began in 1969 and continued each year to 1979, with up to 132 teams playing (528 bowlers).

Between 1999 and 2003, the Keith Free Invitation Pair have been held here, with prize money of $10,000 attracting top bowlers from NSW and interstate.